Monday, December 12, 2011

O' Christmas Tree


As part of Christmas tradition, my family has always gone and cut down a real Christmas tree. I can't even tell you how many different memories I have of doing this as a kid, teen, and now adult. Every Christmas Ricky has entertained me and we have gone and cut down our tree so this year was no different. One of the doctors that I work with in the clinic owns a bunch of property and invites fellow employees to cut a tree down, so this year when I was invited, I knew where and when this Morgan family was getting a tree! Tavan is old enough now and loves trees so we were pretty excited for him to go with us. We went with my family (mom is a fellow employee =)) and both got our trees. Tavan loved to see all the "pretty trees" and was so excited that the one we picked we kept calling "Tavan's Tree". Once we got home we pulled out the decorations and went to work. Daddy hung the lights and Tavan and mommy put up the "pretty balls". Ever since the tree came in the door and was decorated, Tavan has to have the lights on and calls it "Tavan's pretty tree". We are a little excited about seeing his face when we take him to Temple Square this weekend where he will see more "pretty trees". He already has them all scoped out around town and I feel a melt down coming on when it comes time to get rid of the tree ......

Pictures of our trip!

us next to our tree
we picked a short (6') fat tree
best tree this Morgan family has had yet!!

my handsome lumberjack striking a pose
Tavan hard at work......throwing the silver bells
The Master decorators....notice how all Tavans "balls" are on the floor behind me and not on the tree.....
picking out his favorites...
ignore the mess...we literally got home, unpacked the car and Tavan wanted to decorate...priorities i guess
Tavan in front of his half decorated tree before bed
I may be a little bias.....but I have the most ADORABLE little boy.....EVER!!!
this is about as helpful as he got.....
not really, but I had to snap a picture of him doing this


and just because......The tree had left pine needles in the kitchen when we put it in the stand and Tavan thought they were gross so he got the broom out and told me he was "helpin'"

I love him so much!!

No comments: