Monday, December 19, 2011

Trip to Utah!!

This year we took Tavan to see all the Christmas lights on Temple Square with Ricky's brothers family. It was fun to take a little trip with some of his family and Tavan loved all the lights, even though it was pretty cold. Tavan's favorite part of the whole trip was when we let him ride the train in the mall. He was so excited to ride it all around the mall.


Our trip over went pretty quick although it involved some serious discussion about what kind of trees we were seeing. Growing up my dad has taught me how to tell the difference between most types of trees and while we were driving Ricky kept pointing out these trees that he noticed where "different". I knew that I had once been taught the type of tree that they are but could not remember the name no matter how hard I tried so I text my dad as soon as I got service and I even included a picture....and well because I was drawing, Tavan wanted to draw a tree too. so here are our pictures that we sent my dad

my tree

Tavan's tree


and the actual type of tree we were trying to describe( in the middle of the picture....sort of)


When we reached Provo we went to lunch with some friends and Tavan was so done in the car that he was telling me his toes hurt and wanted to say cheese for the picture....random child...so here are his toes and Ricky in the background putting gas in the car

After our lunch and a couple of errands we met up with Brian's family and headed out to see the lights. There were a lot of people there, but it was so worth the trip!








Tavan riding the train up two blocks to the car, he thought it was pretty exciting even though he was so tired



No comments: