Friday, May 6, 2011

1-800-222-1222

When it rains it pours, right? This week it has. Today was going great until about 4:45 p.m.. I had heard the washer and dryer signal that they were through with their current load and I decided to jump the gate, run upstairs, process laundry and use the restroom. Tavan in the mean time was standing at the gate at the bottom of the stairs crying my name, then he went silent. I was gone for 2min and as I came down the stairs with my load of dry clothes...I see him.........Tavan is sucking on the ant poison and licking it with his tongue.... As soon as he saw me he knew what he was doing was wrong....I quickly washed his mouth out and hands and anything else that might have touched the poison and grabbed my phone....(why is it they drill poison controls phone # in your head, then when you really need it...you can't recall it?) Poison control looked up what Tavan had ingested and said that in the worst case scenario, Tavan would puke within the hour... Good news is....he never lost his lunch! I think that the "side effect" he had was a tingling tongue. After he drank it , he kept sticking his tongue out and playing with it, chewing on things etc...I am so glad that Tavan is OK. I hope that I only ever have to call poison control this one time. I would not wish the rush of emotions that I went through on anyone!

Now that everything has passed, I can take a step back and laugh a little at myself. First of, my initial facial expression must have been good, after all, Tavan knew something was up instantaneously. Second, I am one of the most precautious(sp?) moms i know. I have locks on EVERY cupboard, outlet plugs in every outlet, Anything that Tavan could possibly get hurt by is put up and locked up. The kid doesn't even like anything dirty, slimy,stinky and is not allowed to even go near sharp objects....and the one thing I leave down in his area ( it was even hidden under a bookshelf that no one would ever see unless they looked for it) and HE FINDS IT. Third, this evening I pulled out the camera to take pictures for this post and decided to take a little video...and what does my child do during the video.....he laughs...and says "trash"...he cracks me up. Enjoy!
-For those who didn't already know, the title of this post is the poison control phone #, write it down, save it to your contacts etc...

My little ant eater after his bath (ignore the necklace, this kid has STYLE, watch out ladies)



How cute is he? again, the necklace, and the laundry basket (same load of towels i brought down grr)

I took this shot to show what exactly it was that Tavan drank....oh and did i mention that it had probably about 5 dead ants on it this morning when I checked it? well those ants are no where to be found, which leads me to believe....Tavan ate them....awesome. the one the left is the one he ate, the one on right is a new one.








No comments: