Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shout Out!!!


As Tavan and I were driving to Grand Junction, CO yesterday, it hit me how blessed I am to know this guy.... ( i was driving...Tavan was napping and well...I was bawling too)
For those of you who don't recognize him (but do know of him) this is Dr. Kwak (Tavans pediatrician). seriously....if you live in the Vernal, UT area....you should set up your next pediatric appointment with him! It was this week last year that they didn't know what was wrong with my precious baby boy. They ran test after test (remember total of 9+ pokes in one day). I remember feeling so scared during that time and wondering how much longer Ricky and I would get to spend with Tavan. Never before has the diagnosis "FAILURE TO THRIVE" scared me so much in my life!!
It was after numerous tests and a hospital stay for 3days that we found out that it was "Lactose intolerance that had his enzymes and whatnot all screwed up"(Tavans enzymes showed that he was eating himself to stay alive so they thought it was an autoimmune disorder)....which at that moment all i heard was....its ok you get to keep Tavan for as long as you want him. :D I remember running to Tavan and cuddling with him as much as i could before Ricky stole him. I am so glad that Tavan is the healthy boy that he is now. He is so smart and full of love. I adore him so much and am glad I get to spend everyday with him :D



Tavan today....
Tavan a year ago today....
what a difference 1 year and some soy milk makes! While I do have to agree the skinnier bonier version of Tavan is still cute....I love the chunky version better!
THANK YOU DR. KWAK!

1 comment:

Lisa Summerhays said...

Oh my gosh, look at that hair! He's so dang cute!

Thank you doctor!