Friday, February 8, 2013

Christmas and January

boys with Santa Ricky and I at the BME Christmas party
This Christmas we stayed home. We spent a lot of the time at my moms house because James and his family joined us and it also meant that we got to skype with Jason! Tavan misses Jason a lot and was pretty excited to see him on the computer. He also loved having some of his cousins to play with. He has cousins here in Colorado but I think he enjoys playing with others more. Being able to see Jason was nice and it reminded me jut how much I miss him! Christmas this year was pretty good. Rick got movies and miscellaneous items he wanted. I got a Pearl necklace and a copy of my family vidoes growing up that I have watched a couple times already. Tavan got toys and clothes. His favorite is a Mickey themed Car wash for all his cars. Dimitri got a lot of clothes that he needed. I saved most of Tavans clothes from when he was baby but for some reason I didnt save any 9-18 month clothes. I wish i had a better excuse but I don't. So his Christmas was easy to get.
We also got Tickets for Rick and I so we could fly out as family to Ricky's brother, Andy's, wedding. We left on my birthday and headed to SLC to go to Andy's wedding. The wedding was super pretty and the couple seems happy. The trip itself was super stressful because no one really had any set plans other than the wedding and not knowing where everyone was or even making plans was near impossible, but we made the best it. We even had time to go play on the beach before we had to go back to the airport. Tavan loves the beach and Ricky and I loved getting out of Rangely. I'm just so thankful that my boys are such awesome travelers! They do awesome on the plane and don't mind long car trips. I couldn't ask for better boys! Dimitri at the wedding
Tavan looking handsome in his bowtie! He loves it and still wears it around
the Richard Morgan Family =) I love my family!
Towards the end of January things started getting crazy again. Tavan is in Kindermusic and goes weekly, and Dimitri is trying to figure out this walking thing. Dimitri had his 9 month check up and other than the fact that he had Roseola at the appointment, he is doing really well. HE is in the 60% range for height, weight and his head is off the chart. He got over the Roseola easily and handled it like a champ ( a super high fever for 4 days then a rash for 3 days) The whole time he was sick we had to stay home (with the exception of going to Vernal to his Doctors appointment and to get some more necessities) Dimitri and I had to stay home. Ricky ended up going to Junction by himself with Tavan to get a whole bunch of things we needed (thank you honey, i will love you forever for doing that). Other than having a super high fever Dimitri pretty much just spent his days doing this......
Now Dimitri is over his sickness, Tavan is still healing and we are looking forward to what February brings us!

No comments: