Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Talented Husband


Have I mentioned how awesome my husband is? because he truely is amazing! 
He really is into building things and so I love to watch him ( I help when I can!) but watching is the best part.  A couple of weeks ago he helped his brother build a full sized bed (eventually will be bunk beds but for now we just built the one) and it turned out awesome. It took a little longer than he thought it would but he finished building it and left the sanding/painting to his brother to finish.  

We also recently sold our night stand so he was itching to build a new one for next to the bed. He found plans and the next day he invited Jo D over to help him build it. It was fun to watch him work and "upgrade" the plans to make it better. Jo D enjoyed helping him and learning how to run the tools as well.



I know that we could have bought pieces similar to these but to have the satisfaction that we did it ourselves is so much better. Besides, watching him build things is a lot more "sexy"( i know, I know, but its MY blog) than watching him just pull out his wallet and pay someone to do it for us.  We both love  DIY things around our home and I love that he is talented enough to do things like this. By the time we are finished with everything on our list for the future, we will almost have all our furniture built/redone by  the wonderful Richard Morgan! Right now the boys room (minus Dimitri's crib) has been done by him and  i love knowing that. :)

No comments: