Monday, January 24, 2011

Wrestling

Have no fear! I am still alive! My life has just been so busy lately! There have been numerous appointments, and family activities to go to. As of lately Tavan and I have been doing a lot of watching this....
yep, a lot and LOT of wrestling!!
Like I have mentioned before, I actually have found that I enjoy watching this! Though i will say a lot of the awkward positions the boys get in , make me hurt a little but more power to them for wrestling! We all know it is not something I would do!

Jo D is wrestling again this year and it is so fun to go watch and cheer for him! I may not know a whole lot about wrestling, but I know enough to know that he is pretty good at it! I love so much to be his cheerleader while he is down on the mat! Sometimes I feel bad for JoD because growing up we were required to go to activities that other siblings were in (ex. choir concerts, band concerts, baseball games, ballroom dancing track...ya get the picture). Jo D is the last one home so it usually is just mom and I there to be his cheerleaders. I try to make it anything that he is participating in (not just for support but because it is something to do during the day). Tavan doesn't mind it either. although he is pretty frightened of the panther (school mascot). Anyway, of the 2 main wrestling tournaments that have happened recently Jo D took 3rd in one and 2nd in another..so proud!!

and just because, here are some pictures of Tavan

Running around the house


watching Uncle Jo D wrestle....all day...what a trooper

Tavan is learning so much!!! His vocabulary is growing on a daily basis. He knows so many words and loves to try new things. He recently has been picking up pens and pencils, so one day I gave him some crayons and paper and he went to work. He drew pictures all day! I eventually got 3 pictures (one for each grandparent) and gave each one a picture. seems that they all have treasured them. I know that I treasure his little pictures! He is growing up so much. Every time I think about him I beam!!! I love him. :D
On another side note...yes it is true!! I have graduated from college (for now) The day after my birthday I got my diploma in the mail!!! I am so happy to be done and being able to spend the days at home with Tavan. I would love to go back to get my bachelors but for now I am happy I at least finished my associates! :D


Here are 2 more pictures from wrestling meets
JoD with a medal!
Pin! (of all the matches that I have personally watched, have been won by JoD with a pin except for one)

No comments: