Friday, August 19, 2011

Grand Mesa


Last weekend, since its almost the end of summer and we hadn't gone camping yet, Ricky, Tavan and I headed to the mountains. I don't know what it is about tent camping but I LOVE IT!! I could never consider camping with a camper. To me they are just very expensive, tiny little motesl on wheels (some more a hotel) that unless you live in, never pay for itself. Besides, some of my best family memories have been made while camping the good ol' fashion way. We decided to go up to the Grand Mesa National Forest because it was somewhere neither of us have been before and i'm pretty sure we are going back soon! It reminded me so much of Oregon and smelled almost like it too. They have a lot of little hiking trails, which Tavan absolutely loved. I don't think he ever stopped running everywhere.

Here are some of the pictures from our trip.

my little camper. He loved it, but hated being dirty
Ricky and I. I look like i just spent the night in a tent, but it was so worth it
our little campsite
Tavan would stop and smell EVERY flower that he saw (even some of the weeds that had no flowers). Ricky wasn't so thrilled about it, but i think its adorable!
a view from up top (there was a wildfire near so there was some smoke) There are about 300 little lakes on top of the mesa. Beautiful
Running down the mountain
Ricky and Tavan taking a break
some fellow hikers offered to take a family photo for us
pure bliss
more flower sniffing
My handsome Hubs!
Tavans only injury the whole trip.
Ricky took a ball of fire to the face, resulting in some hair loss
and Priscilla (our car) took a nail in the tire (Shout out to BIG-O for repairing it for free)
Classic Picture
Tavan was pretty excited when it came time to go home for a "bath"
on the way home from camping (2:30 hour drive) I put on some lotion (so i could feel and smell a little more like a lady than camper) and Tavan wanted some, so i let him have some and when i looked back to check on him, this is how i found him. He was smelling his hands going "MMM mama...pretty". He makes me laugh so much

No comments: