Thursday, April 7, 2011

Legal

We are legal hunters now!
Yep, thats right, Jo D and I sat through 12+ hours of Hunters Education a few weeks ago. I don't know what was worse, the 12 hours or the fact that we were in a room full of 8 year olds (except for maybe 5 other people over the age of 15). I find it really wrong when 8 year olds know more about guns and ammunition than I do... This town is so TWISTED (compared to what I am used to). The class was a little rough to say the least. We both even got queasy while they were showing us how to gut an animal...the 8yr. olds loved it though. Some quotes from the class.


child- "Whats the muzzle"
Ranger- "its this part (pointing to the muzzle) its the end that bites"


ranger - "what is conservation?"
child- *raising hand so hard because they just know this answer* "
ranger- "yes"
Child- "its when you can't go to the bathroom"


ranger- (walks up to small girl with a gun in his hand) "can you stick your finger up the chamber to check to make sure the gun is unloaded?"
child- "no I can't do that, I had West Nile last summer"


and just FYI ammunition is pronounced "immune-i-tay-tion" to 8 yr olds


Yes that is the level of intelligence i sat through for 3 days, and it was awesome.

Ricky is pretty pleased that after 3 years of trying to get me to take the class, i finally did it. and now He has put me in for tags. Guess we will see how this goes, and to anyone waiting to take the class, just do it and get it over with!



No comments: